Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Nearly Showtime again.

Holy moly, two days and I will jumping my first ever evening class in an indoor. To be honest I'm not that looking forward to it because it's dark by 7 oclock and I will have to be organised and have everything done so after the class I can just take the horses straight to the yards for the night. It's also supposed to rain on Sunday which is less good because Rascal is jumping outdoors. I don't know how Kate will cope with being indoors because she loves her job, but she is a very spooky mare. The first class is only 1.05m to give the two of them a chance to canter around the indoor and have a look see and for me to get an idea how they are going to go. Hopefully well. Connie is obviously feeling like a million bucks because she has been such a PITA lately. I wish she would quit this bucking and general full of herselfness. I lost Kate today when I was ponying her off Connie and Connie had a good play.

I jump my first 1m class on Rascal since she was a five year old and I feel like this will be difficult and have a bit of a mental block about this height on her but you know she is cantering around the 90s so nicely I have no excuse not to move her up. Riding is hard! So many things to think about *flail* Na it will be awesome and on the plus side jumping on a surface means I don't need to stud which is not my favourite job. Though they are all good to stud. I'm just lazy and kack handed with my thread tap. Then it's a fortnight to Foxton show, Kate needs to get her knee done again before then, and the following week is Spring show when Bill is meant to debut, Then the two Wairarapa shows- SJing Champs and A+P ahow. Plenty to do thats for sure. I really need to do a lot more jumping with Bill. I had a practice day last weekend but when I got into town it was raining so hard I just went home. I'll compete in the rain but I'm not enough of a fan of the wet to train in it.

4 comments:

  1. Ohhh can't wait to hear how you go. I doubt I'll be able to compete this season (no transport) so I'll live through you! Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Showing indoors can be intimidating. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You said "riding is hard" and "so many things to think about".... IT ISN'T HARD AND STOP THINKING!!! The more you think the more trouble you will get into! seriously! sing a song or do some math problems in your head. anything to stop thinking and getting in the way of your horses. give it a try. what do you have to lose? none of your horses are dirty and out to hurt you so relax and ENJOY the ride :) Good Luck on all your mounts!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Why not come over to http://hay-net.co.uk/ and post this blog on a newly launched Equine Blogging Network. It would be great to have you as a blogging member!

    ReplyDelete